Engineering Manager @ Navi, Bangalore, India
Hello, my name is Anshul, and I work at Navi as an Engineering Manager. I have 11+ year of experience in IT industry. Earlier I worked for Flipkart about 6 year. I am a data-driven, enthusiastic leader with experience in developing scalable, robust digital products. My interests include application and system design. My strength is in team building, goal setting, planning, and strategy development.
👨💻 Work Experience
Engineering Manager (June 2021 - Present)
- My current responsibilities include developing yearly and quarterly strategy plans, application prioritisations, and goal setting for digital products in the lending business.
- Role include developing mobile and desktop applications for home loans, personal loans, and CRM tools for builders. These platforms manage the whole client lifecycle, from origination to distribution.
- Crafted and managing three teams: Core Platforms, Lending Apps, and Builder Channel, totalling 20 engineers. In the core platform team, we are developing shared technical capabilities for the entire organisation, such as libraries and a template engine. Portal and Builder teams are driving digital lending business.
- decision-making on mobile and web application design, systems architecture with an eye toward scalability, reliability, security and cost.
- Another area for which I am responsible is for building tech team from the ground up, training and mentoring them, and creating a hiring process for college and lateral hiring.
- Taking care of observability of system teams owns and benchmarking latency, throughput & fault tolerance of nodes.
Technologies - React, Node, HTML, CSS, Web Development , SpringBoot, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Senior Software Engineer (June 2015 - May 2021)
During my long career at Flipkart, I contributed primarily on the Flipkart website and mobile applications. While I was there, I worked on transitioning the website from PHP to React. Following the move, I worked on widgetizing the website and mobile app.
Toward the end of my term, I worked with the travel and growth team, where we launched Flipkart Flights. In the early stages, I was highly focused on improving the CX and UX of the Flipkart app, and I learnt and implemented a lot about design principles and user behaviour.
Technologies - React, React Native, Node, HTML5, CSS3
Software Engineer (September 2012- May 2015)
- I began my career as a software developer here, where I learnt and implemented web-based education products for ck12 and McGrahill enterprises. Worked extensively on animations, HTML5 canvas, and style.
Technologies - AngularJS, React, Node, HTML5, CSS3
- Digital Finance, Strategy Building, Planning and Prioritisations of tasks
- Building Scalable, Robust, Reusable Tools.
- React, SpringBoot, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Observability - Kibana, Grafana, New Relic, GlitchTip
- Databases - PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL
B.Tech in Computer Science, UPTU